Hi,

tl;dr: net/samba4 needs build tests on !(amd64).

So, rc scripts are coming soon, Vadim is doing the testing in KDE land
(thanks!), I've tested all other ports, everything works as expected.
I got one glitch in gnome-control-center, where I could see the printers
exported by smb but the GUI hangs when looking for the drivers.  I don't
think that samba4 is to blame.

So that means that the switch will happen soon.  I'll ask for a bulk
build with net/samba4 hooked, net/samba unhooked, and all ports bumped
and converted to net/samba4 use.

Two points remain to be addressed:

- replace immediately the content of net/samba directory with what is in
  net/samba4, or keep net/samba4 until the dust settles?  I have no
  strong opinion about this.  (Obviously, cvs history would end up in
  the Attic.)

- I would like people to attempt building net/samba4 on as many
  architectures as possible*.  This is *very* important.
  Just make sure you don't have any samba3 package installed,
  and run ''make package'' in net/samba4.  Use MAKE_JOBS=n if you can...

Thanks,

* vax doesn't count; arm, mips64, sparc64, powerpc and hppa would be
  great.
--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE