On 2015/08/24 21:52, Shaun Reiger wrote:
> Hi @ports I'm trying to build a port and I was testing for missing
> dependencey and I have about 10 but I'm not sure where I need to link these
> from the makefile. Some of the dependencey are libc.so.7, libnsl.so.1 and
> libsockets.so.1... I found the porting faq that mentioned to use
> LIB_DEPENDS/WANTLIB in the makefile but where are these files located?

Given the library names that you mention, it looks like you may be
trying to build a port for a Linux binary to run under emulation.

If that's not the case, can you explain a bit more about what you're
working on? Maybe show the WIP makefile?

If it is a Linux binary, unless you can find a binary that runs with
the existing library packages (under /usr/ports/emulators/fedora) then
you'll need to work on new library packages etc., which might also
require working on the linux emul subsystem in the kernel to get them to
work correctly. (And note that it will be i386-only in that case).