> Steps leading to crash:
>

> + Launch qtcreator from Gnome 3 via terminal.
> + Choose File -> New File or Project -> Qt4 Gui Application
> + Click OK.
> + qtcreator crashes with the following message in terminal:
> pthread_mutex_destroy on mutex with waiters!
> pthread_mutex_destroy on mutex with waiters!
> pthread_mutex_destroy on mutex with waiters!
> pthread_mutex_destroy on mutex with waiters!
> pthread_mutex_destroy on mutex with waiters!
> pthread_mutex_destroy on mutex with waiters!
> pthread_mutex_destroy on mutex with waiters!
> pthread_mutex_destroy on mutex with waiters!
> QSharedPointer: pointer 0xc29bb902540 already has reference counting
> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> The hexcode after "pointer" varies between crashes.
>
>  The resulting file qtcreator.bin.core can be found at
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/14jugm07t65gsro/qtcreator.bin.core?dl=0
>
> My first bug report so please be nice.

Yep, this is known, but noone involved (including me) had enough time
to fix this yet. And upstream likely won't help, since they deprecated
Qt4.

If you're willing to help further with this issue, you'd build your
own package from qtcreator port with DEBUG="-O0 -g" environment
variable set at least, to be able to get a useful backtrace from core.

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov