On 2015/12/06 21:19, Patrik Lundin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a port for Kea, the new DHCP server from ISC.
>
> ===
> # cat pkg/DESC
> Kea is a new open source DHCPv4/DHCPv6 server being developed by Internet
> Systems Consortium. The objective of this project is to provide a very
> high-performance, extensible DHCP server engine for use by enterprises and
> service providers, either as is or with extensions and modifications.
>
> Kea provides DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 servers, a dynamic DNS update module, a
> portable
> DHCP library, libdhcp++, and a DHCP benchmarking tool, perfdhcp.
> ===
>
> Attached you will find the port, which is currently a work-in-progress
> hoping for input from more experience porters.
>
> I am currently able to build three flavors: the default one which only
> uses the built in "memfile" backend, and then two database backends
> using mysql and postgresql.
>
> My current up front questions are these:
>
> 1. When running "make update-plist" I get the following messages:
> ===
> make-plist: Bogus element outside of every prefix: /etc/kea/kea.conf
> make-plist: Bogus element outside of every prefix: /etc/kea/keactrl.conf

For these, you can often override a variable in upstream's Makefiles
in FAKE_FLAGS to install these files to /usr/local/share/examples,
often named sysconfdir or SYSCONFDIR.

<looks at old bind10 port> it's likely to be similar to this

FAKE_FLAGS=     sysconfdir=${PREFIX}/share/examples/

pre-install:
        mkdir -p ${PREFIX}/share/examples/bind10/

the advantage of this is that if upstream later start to install another
file, you're less likely to miss it.

> make-plist: Bogus element outside of every prefix: /etc/rc.d/kea

Ignore this and handle the rcscript in PLIST manually.

> make-plist: Bogus element outside of every prefix: /var/kea
> make-plist: Bogus element outside of every prefix: /var/run/kea

/var/run is cleared at boot so the /var/run/kea directory needs creating
in the rcscript. we normally do not include these in plist.

> Can these be ignored? I am handling all of the files mentioned via
> @sample lines in PLIST (except for rc.d/kea which of course is an @rc
> line).
>
> 2. I am not completely comfortable in my SHARED_LIBS knowledge, I would
>    appreciate an extra eye on those lines in the Makefile. Right now
>    they are taken as-is from the output generated when building the
>    port.
>
> Other than that I have raised some additional questions against
> upstream, you can find them here:
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/kea-dev/2015-December/000576.html
>
> --
> Patrik Lundin

other comments:

"@sample /etc/kea/" shoukd use SYSCONFDIR and this plist line is usually
placed near the files that go in that dir

please order Makefile closer to the section ordering in
Makefile.template

the shared libs lines are ok (except want to be earlier in the makefile)

the static libs are unlikely to be useful, and the whole port is unlikely
to work without shared libs, so I'd disable them (probably --disable-static
in CONFIGURE_ARGS, and SHARED_ONLY=Yes) to save build time

not a port problem, but "message" is a terrible name for sonething that
upstream want to place in a system directory!