Hi Gregor,

Gregor Best wrote on Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 07:14:55PM +0100:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 06:56:06PM +0100, jca@ wrote:

>> [...]
>> bsd.port.mk can fetch and apply external patches as well.
>> What about this version?
>> [...]

> Cool, I didn't know that.
> That's obviously way better than my 60k patch.

Hmm, in the base system, a patch of this style would probably
be rejected as too intrusive.  We try to *not* do the double
conversion char -> wchar_t -> char if it can be avoided.

But this reservation certainly doesn't apply to the ports tree,
there is certainly lots of software doing things in this style.
So if porters are happy with it, no objection on my part.

I briefly looked at the par(1) manual and decided that it's horrible
bloatware i'm not going to run.  It looks so bad that i'm not even
willing to run it for testing purposes.  But that doesn't mean it
has no place in ports.  ;-)

Yours,
  Ingo

P.S.
 $ doas pkg_delete par
par-1.52p0: ok

P.P.S.
This mail was formatted with vi(1) and fmt(1).
That's the right level of complexity for a task like this.  :)