On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Ralf Horstmann <r...@ackstorm.de> wrote:
> * Theo Buehler <t...@math.ethz.ch> [2015-12-20 19:26]:
>> On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 06:59:56PM +0100, Ralf Horstmann wrote:
>> > gdb shows this:
>> >     #0  0x00000ae4d48740ca in shmget () at <stdin>:2
>> [...]
>> >     #8  0x00000ae20f9077e4 in init_xcb_late (fontname=Variable "fontname"
>> > is not available.
>>
>> Whoops, I missed that one.  Thanks for the backtrace.  This means that
>> we can't pledge i3bar since init_xcb_late can be called at any point
>> during the runtime to update the configuration (including fonts).
>>
>> Updated diff below.
>
> That works better. No other issues noticed so far.
>
> Thanks,
> Ralf

Works fine for me too with my regular workflow.

So I'd say put this in as local patches.
If you don't hear any loud scream for the next two weeks or so, send
it upstream with a pull request on github.

Thanks!
David
--
"If you try a few times and give up, you'll never get there. But if
you keep at it... There's a lot of problems in the world which can