On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 03:40:48PM +0100, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> On 04/02/16(Thu) 00:29, Michael McConville wrote:
> > I'm getting the below error when building the GCC port on a Power Mac G5
> > running the most recent snapshot. It fails reliably when I retry the
> > build, so it doesn't seem like an Act of God(TM) caused by a kernel or
> > hardware bug.
> >
> > The build is successful with Ada disabled.
> >
> > Is this a known issue? Let me know if a full build log would be useful.
>
> Are you using GENERIC.MP or GENERIC?  Does it make a difference?
>
> Could it be related to a bug in our binutils?
>
> macppc is starting to be unusable as desktop because nobody is spending
> time to ensure the ports build and run correctly.

Someone with enough skills should work with landry@ to reduce the bulk
build times. The packages are almost always outdated because a full
bulk build takes weeks(?).

A slow architecture without a weekly update to the packages is not
going to attract a lot of desktop users :(

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info