On 2016/03/30 16:07, Laurence Tratt wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 10:45:59AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>
> Hello Stuart,
>
> > Reinstalling py-matplotlib fixes it, I've bumped REVISION to make that
> > happen. Would be nice if someone can figure out what's causing it, maybe it
> > needs an extra WANTLIB on something to force updates.
>
> Late last week after a snapshot update, plus packages upgrade, redshift (at
> least, redshift-gtk) didn't work. The problem there seemed to be the
> reference to the py3-gobject3 package. Deleting that (which, of course, also
> deletes redshift) and reinstalling both packages fixed the problem.

I think this may be tied in with the pthread changes, libffi, etc.
The best approach for now is probably wait for the dust to settle with
the second round of bumps which has just occurred and see if people
still have problems, then decide whether to just bump, or add some
'Extra' deps somewhere, or something else.

If people do run into problems, make sure that packages are updated
for the the base libraries (they currently *won't* be - expect them
for fast arch in a couple of days) - if still problems, drop a mail
to ports@ details what, please include output from ldd if it involves
a binary program, and output with LD_DEBUG set may be useful if it's
something like python, you'll likely be able to unbreak things by
reinstalling some package or other, but it would be useful for us
to have the information about what breaks.