On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 06:09:22PM +0200, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> Jiri B said:
> > I'm working on a port (recoll desktop indexer) and it can be
> > built without GUI and with QT4 GUI.
> >
> > My question is: how to handle PLIST when most of the files are
> > same for both version of the app but each version add just
> > couple of files more?
> >
> > Should I have 'no_x11' flavor and a flavor for 'gui' and one
> > PLIST with '%%no_x11%%' and '%%qui%%'?
> >
> > I'm not sure if I can have two flavors and no "default"...
> >
> > An advise is appreciated.
>
> So you want to give users a choice between gui and no gui.  The one most
> likely to be used should become default FLAVOR.  Another one should
> become either "no_x11" or "qt4".

This is clear but flavors generally do not have individual PLIST
files, that's why there's PFRAG.$flavor and you put '%%$flavor%%'
into PLIST.

I would probably like to achive:

- "no_x11" flavor package
- "python" subpackage
- "qt4" flavor package (should be default, -main iiuc)

no_x11 flavor package one more binary
python has just python stuff linked against recoll library
qt4 flavor package has some more binaries, desktop files, images.

PLIST has most of content, libs, data files, examples

How to combine all of this?

j.