On 2016/05/13 18:40, Olivier Mehani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a CardDAV plugin for Roundcube. It works well against ownCloud's
> Contacts.
>
> The port should be reasonably clean, but I get two messages from
> portcheck that I don't know how to address:
>
>         extra PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP line(-s)
>       extra PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP lines
>
> (There is only one of each line).
>
> Any comment is welcome, though please keep my address CC'd, as I only
> check the list sporadically through GMane.
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Olivier Mehani <shtrom+open...@ssji.net>
> PGP fingerprint: 4435 CF6A 7C8D DD9B E2DE  F5F9 F012 A6E2 98C6 6655
> Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted.

from a quick read-through:

Makefile:

| V =             1.0.0
| P =             carddav
| DISTNAME =      rcube-${P}-${V}

no point having a variable for P, it's only used once - zap it
and use DISTNAME = rcube-carddav-${V}.

| PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP =    Yes
| PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP =  Yes

remove these

| PREFIX =                        ${VARBASE}/www

one too many tabs

| do-install:
|         ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${INSTDIR}
|         cp -Rp ${WRKDIST} ${INSTDIR}/carddav
|         mv ${INSTDIR}/carddav/config.inc.php.dist
${INSTDIR}/carddav/config.inc.php

get rid of the mv

pkg/PLIST:

| @owner www
| @group www

The program code should never be writable by www. *IF* it needs
to write any files at runtime, then just make the relevant files
or directories writable by www, but that's not needed for most
roundcube plugins.

| roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/composer.json
| @sample roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/config.inc.php

the way you have it, this copies composer.json to config.inc.php
at install time. along with getting rid of mv in do-install,
change those lines in PLIST to these:

roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/composer.json
roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/config.inc.php.dist
@sample roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/config.inc.php

convert pkg/MESSAGE to pkg/README following the style of other ports
and ports/infrastructure/README.template, and add this to PLIST to get
it installed:

@cwd ${LOCALBASE}/share/doc/pkg-readmes
${FULLPKGNAME}

there are a few things to clean up in the text:

| To enable the CardDAV plugin, first run the following (depening on the

depening -> depending

| You will also need to review the
| ${PREFIX}/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/config.inc.php file.

just "Review ${PREFIX}/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/config.inc.php."
would be enough here

| Finally, connet to RoundCube, go to Settings/Settings/CardDAV and follow
| the instructions of the Manager.

connet -> connect
"Settings/Settings"?
Manager -> manager

Or maybe just "Configure user settings by connecting to Roundcube and going
to Settings/CardDAV".

pkg/DESCR:

| CardDAV adapter for connecting to CardDAV-enabled addressbooks

"Roundcube plugin to connect to CardDAV-enabled address books."