On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 08:03:37PM +0200, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> Well, I have enough OKs to commit this, but there are still dependencies
> that were not tested, or at least I've got no report about.  Here is the
> list:
>
>  - devel/cvs2svn
>  - devel/git
>  - devel/kdevplatform
>  - devel/p5-SVN-Notify
>  - devel/p5-SVN-Simple
>  - devel/p5-SVN-Web
>  - sysutils/salt
>  - www/trac
>  - x11/gnome/anjuta
>  - x11/kde4/sdk-kioslaves
>  - x11/xfce4/thunar-vcs
>  - x11/xfce4/xfce4-dev-tools
>
> I would ask users of these ports to test the diff.

In my opinion, it's not worth waiting for run-time tests.
As long as they all compile (you can ask aja@ for help here) just go ahead.
That's what I did for the 1.7 -> 1.8 update.

I know first hand that SVN's compat guarantees are quite strong.
Generally, if applications break at run-time after being switched to a
newer set of svn libs, the applications are buggy or doing things they
shouldn't be doing, like calling private functions.