On 07/05/16 11:16, Adam Wolk wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 11:10:46 -0500
> Aaron Poffenberger <a...@hypernote.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/30/16 11:23, Adam Wolk wrote:

>>> Tested on amd64. I had two issues:
>>>
>>> Error: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
>>> Error: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
>>> Error: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
>>> Error: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
>>> Error: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
>>> Error: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
>>> Error: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
>>> Error: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
>>>
>>> When trying to use File -> Import from Musicbrainz Fingerprint...
>>>
>>> and a HUGE performance lock on my box (maxed CPU's, swapping) when
>>> trying:
>>>
>>> File -> Automatic import...
>>>
>>> Everything else seem fine.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Adam
>>>
>> Hi Adam,
>> Here's the new version we tested offline.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --Aaron
>>

> That's OK awolk@ to import.
>
> No longer locks up my machine, I still get gstreamer warnings and can't
> play back audio but the main functionality of tag editing and
> auto importing works. Tested on a Jul 3 amd64 snapshot.
>
> Regards,
> Adam

Thanks Adam!

For anyone else who has time to test, Adam and I iterated over some
ideas and known issue. I rebuilt the project multiple times trying to
recreate the gstreamer issues. Assuming the project builds against
gstreamer-0.10, then it always works for me.

If someone else has time to try it, I'd appreciate the feedback. Two
machine builds just aren't enough to determine whether it's an issue
with the port.

That said, if we can't sort out the gstreamer issues I can always
disable playback altogether. Editing id3 tags is the key feature I'm after.

--Aaron