I was actually considering that naming convention, with only one minor caveat:
it would break the current flavors. I see four possibilities:
a) keep symquotes and center_tilde, then add in flavors named directly after
the remaining upstream patches
b) custom names for everything
c) all names directly after the upstream patches
d) leave it alone and if anyone wants to really customize, let them edit the
makefile themselves

Discussing just a font for more than ten or so total messages feels like
bikeshedding to me, so if we don't get a conclusive answer soonish, I'll
probably just drop it (i.e. pick option d).