On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 07:30:10AM -0600, Aaron Bieber wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2016, at 06:23 AM, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> > Jonathan Gray <j...@jsg.id.au> writes:

> > > Or we remove the FLAVOR and unconditionally enable 5.2 compat
> > > which will be with 5.1 abi still?
> >
> > I guess you'd need to test whether existing luajit consumers still work
> > if LUAJIT_ENABLE_LUA52COMPAT is defined, because it introduces some
> > incompatible changes.
> >
> > On the other hand:
> > - other OSes don't seem to enable it (granted, I only checked Debian and
> >   FreeBSD)
> > - I didn't hear anyone step up to keep LUAJIT_ENABLE_LUA52COMPAT. :)
> >
> > I'd just kill it, unless you or abieber@ see value in keeping it.
>
> IIRC tedu@ wanted it for something - I will ping him to see if he has
> any uses.
>
> Personally I don't.

It was added in

revision 1.14
date: 2014/06/02 19:43:50;  author: juanfra;  state: Exp;  lines: +7 -2;
commitid: XwDEZyp0azFPTl8F;
Enable LUA52COMPAT for the lua52 flavor. ok abieber@.

And given using it with any non core lua modules has been broken since
then due to getting the abi wrong, removing it sounds fine.