I had similar issue, was not even aware of it. For me following command
makes it work again:

        rm -rf ~/.config/libreoffice

It was on:

OpenBSD 6.0-current (GENERIC.MP) #97: Tue Jan  3 00:47:09 MST 2017
    bu...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP

with libreoffice-5.2.4.2p0v0 packaged at 2017-01-05T14:48:47Z

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 09:30:08PM -0600, Ed Ahlsen-Girard wrote:
> First message December 21, no replies. Text below is the Document
> Foundation bugzilla bug and exchange with developers there.
>
> I'm baffled that nobody else seems to has seen this.

> If LibreOffice is opened from the command line or from the cwm start
> menu, it displays a dialog box to the effect that due to an unexpected
> error, LibreOffice crashed, that documents that had been open will be
> recovered. In the case when there had not be a real crash, the are no
> files in the list to choose recovery for. Closing the dialog box ends
> the program. If the command line is used, this error appears in the
> terminal window: Warning: failed to launch javaldx - java may not
> function correctly

best regards
q#