Hi Jeremie, Stuart,

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 06:03:10PM +0100, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> LuaJIT is not portable.
>
> ONLY_FOR_ARCHS = powerpc i386 amd64
>
> IMHO this is the kind of fragile software you'd better avoid if you can.

Maybe we can try using regular lua until users (or ourselves) start
complaining about performance. That seems like a decent incremental step
forward.

> Please try to support as many versions as supported by upstream.  If you
> find out that only 5.1 is supported, then setting MODLUA_VERSION to 5.1
> makes sense to save other people's time (at least, that's the current
> pattern I see).

It seems to build for all the lua versions we support, so good :)

> Regarding the port: better use "lua-mpack" or "lua-libmpack" as
> PKGNAME-lua, for consistency and because the lang/lua module uses this
> to provide automatic support for multiple versions.

I've renamed the lua MULTI_PACKAGE to lua-mpack, and added the lua
flavors. Although this mostly works, the problem is, you get one flavor
of the -main MULTI_PACKAGE (the C library, nothing to do with lua) for
each lua version.

Is there a way to only FLAVOR the -lua MULTI_PACKAGE? I suspect not. In
which case I suppose I will use sub-dirs that fetch the same DISTFILE
with a Makefile.inc.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards