> Any specific thing in your env like mk.conf flags ?
> usr/local with wxallowed ? any msg in dimes ?

The only thing I did was create /etc/mk.conf and add the SUDO=/usr/bin/doas
line like faq15 suggests.  Other than that, it is default current as of Feb 17.

> To build python, you need to have WRKOBJDIR (typically /usr/ports/pobj)
> on a partition mounted with wxallowed. You'll probably find an entry
> such as
>
> /bsd: ./conftest(85340): W^X binary outside wxallowed mountpoint
>
> in your /var/log/messages

This email came in as I was typing the above response.
You are correct - that message is in the log.  Is this a recent change?  I had
this building on a skylake system a few weeks ago, but couldn’t run it properly
due to lack of video driver support.

I have /usr/ports as a separate partition.  Would the ‘ideal setup’ put
/usr/ports/pobj in a separate partition as well for better privilege
separation?  Or would just making /usr/ports wxallowed be ‘good enough but not
ideal’?

Thanks
Jordon