Since we have caching running, "modern ports" uses a mechanism
like 'show-run-depends' to yield a recursive trimmed dependency list
quickly.

We also have an older mechanism (*-dir-depends) that yields a full list
suitable for tsort.

Con: show-run-depends does NOT show the parent of each dependency
(but I can tweak it to display that information with a VERBOSE_DEPENDS)

Con: show-run-depends does not ever show the same dependency twice, so
you get a "partial tree" in any case.

Pro: show-run-depends is ways faster

I'm thinking about killing the old mechanism entirely... assuming I
get convenience targets similar to show-run-depends (less code to maintain
and faster shit).

Any opinion about that ?

I realize those are very esoteric parts in the ports tree... but it's fair
to ask.