Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> writes:

> I've recently streamlined a bit the fetch/checksum/makesum code...
> too many tests.
>
> One *wanted* side-effect is to make it slightly harder to have distfiles
> without checksum.
>
> Doesn't change anything for normal port users.

I'd like to point out that it harms a process I have as a port user.  If
projects published signatures for their releases, I want to check them,
because I can have a trust relationship with upstream.

So the process that involves ''make makesum'', verify the signature,
''make makesum'' is now broken.  Can I just set _MAKESUM=true in
/etc/mk.conf and be sure that I have the same workflow as before?  If
so, I think this variable should be a documented user setting.

Pretty please. :)

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE