On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 08:44:39PM +0100, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado:
>
> > > ===>  Building for nim-0.16.0p0
> > > cd /usr/obj/nim-0.16.0/nim-0.16.0 && /usr/bin/env -i CC="gcc"
> > > LINKER="gcc"  CFLA
> > > GS="-O2 -pipe  " sh build.sh
> > > gcc -O2 -pipe -w -fno-strict-aliasing -Ic_code -c
> > > c_code/3_2/compiler_nim.c -o c
> > > _code/3_2/compiler_nim.o
> > > build.sh[7343]: gcc: not found
> > > *** Error 127 in . (Makefile:36 'do-build')
> >
> > Add amd64 to CLANG_ARCHS in arch-defines.mk and the port will build
> > fine.
>
> Why should I do that?
> It isn't supposed to call "gcc" on gcc archs either!

Sorry but I don't have more ideas. I've been trying to create a patch
without to "hardcode" a compiler this afternoon and I failed.

Even if someone makes a patch to honor CC, it would break nim for clang
architectures. If you remove the "gcc" commands from nim to honor CC
during the build on every architecture, then the clang architectures
would have a nim compiler which calls clang when you use "nim c
-cc:gcc".  That's why I used the CLANG_ARCHS conditional and the "-cc"
option in the previous patch.

We also can remove the nim port and to wait until someone steps up as
maintainer :)

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info