On 2017/03/05 22:35, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2017/03/05 23:11, Mihai Popescu wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
> > wrote:

> > > Presumably video(1) still works?
> > >
> > > I wonder if it might be something to do with the llvm/clang update.
> >
> > Yes, video works. I had no idea about this utility, but it is nice.
>
> I just dug out my uvideo to try. Fun, with mpv it looks something like a
> section through the rings of Saturn. I've just tried it with FFmpeg compiled
> using the older version of LLVM/Clang but no difference there. Not sure what
> to try next but I can definitely replicate it.

...also, it's fine with "ffplay -f video4linux2 /dev/video0" from FFmpeg;
which does use libv4l.

Things I've tried which are failing:

mpv (as above)

vlc (open capture device, video camera, /dev/video0) - crashes often with
a segfault but when it did work I had an interlaced picture with some repetition

gstreamer-1.0 ("gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src \! xvimagesink") - also interlaced with
some repetition, but a bit different to vlc

So there's a mixture of Gtk and Qt and SDL things in the list of failures..