On 2017-03-13 05:40, Tinker wrote:
On 2017-03-13 05:34, Sebastien Marie wrote:
..
Note that the value is the total allocated bytes for javascript. It
isn't a initial value, and it shouldn't grow (if I correctly understand
the code). So I expect 128 Mo to be a bit "restrictive".
..
+-static const size_t MaxCodeBytesPerProcess = 1 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024;
++static const size_t MaxCodeBytesPerProcess = 128 * 1024 * 1024;

So Firefox has a blanked fixed-heap size model for all of its deployments??

(typo: "blanked" should be "blanket".)

If so, that is like, ridiculously archaic, what were they thinking. I
wonder if it can be made to run in a dynamic heap model. I can't see
why Wikipedia and alert("Hello world"); would take up any much memory
at all, like, more than the binary and dep libraries + 1-100MB
allocations.