Hi,
I'm not aware of the general opinion of distributing Vim plugins via
ports. I don't use any plugin manager for Vim since I currently only use
two plugins. In the process of unifying my installation process I
decided to make everything available through ports using mystuff for
now.

$ cat pkg/DESCR
Turn a line consisting of tokens separated by commas into a printf
statement. A token is recognized as a sequence of any characters except
for whitespace and comma but with respect to balanced brackets and
parentheses.

There's also a GIF available over at GitHub[1] that does a better job of
explaining the functionality.

The install procedure in both the Makefile and pkg/PLIST is borrowed
from devel/vim-taglist with one modification: don't leave an empty
doc/tags file around when all plugins are removed. I have similar diff
for devel/vim-taglist which I will submit later on.

[1] https://github.com/mptre/vim-printf