(mailed landry@, but forgot to cc ports)

On Tue, 23 May 2017 20:53:12 +0200
Landry Breuil <lan...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> Better with an update that actually compiles. works here, but doesnt
> directly fix my own issue... strange. Worked after forcing an update of
> the problematic dir via gmpc, and a rescan.
>
> Either way, we should go for the update if there are no regressions.
> David ?

Does the update fix the database issue for you? It does not seem to
have any effect here, not without the #define gcc_pure bit.
(0.20.8 was the first thing I checked yesterday, hoping that a simple
update would be enough :)

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
  what():  Failed to access /storage/music/test: No such file or directory

May 23 15:18 : exception: Failed to access /storage/music/dts/test: No such
file or directory

When I add the Compiler.h patch to 0.20.8, it starts working,
so perhaps that commit you mentioned was not enough.

Also, you have
+ static
+-#if GCC_OLDER_THAN(5,0)
++#if GCC_OLDER_THAN(5,0) || defined(__clang__)
+ /* gcc 4.x has no "constexpr" for std::max() */
+ const

but with

#define GCC_OLDER_THAN(major, minor) \
        (GCC_VERSION > 0 && CLANG_VERSION == 0 && \
         GCC_VERSION < GCC_MAKE_VERSION(major, minor, 0))

we end up with "if not clang or if clang", which works for us,
but does not feel right. I got a bit lost in all the compiler checks
defined in Compiler.h, not sure what the right way is though.
(The logic seems reversed to begin with and clang 4 is supposed
to support constexpr for std::max() I think.)

But this compiler/library/c++ maze is way above my abilities, sorry.