On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 04:17:54PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
> Regularly, my bulks barf on lang/sbcl,threads
>

> This is a problem because then the lock remains, which I have to manually
> remove... depending on build order (somewhat random) lang/sbcl may have
> built already, or not.
>
> There are about 3 choices here:
>
> - fix lang/sbcl,threads
> - disable the self-test which is failing randomly
> - remove lang/sbcl,threads from the list of build ports.
>
> This failure has been around since the threads FLAVOR was introduced.
>
> At some point, it's got to get some kind of resolution.

I think the best thing to do here is to not build -threads by
default. I think the small post-build test suite should be kept, as
sbcl sticks its nose into all sorts of private interfaces which have
been changed in the past and the bulk builds may very be the only time
the small test suite is run on openbsd.

I'd be happy to work with someone who wants to start digging into sbcl
to fix the sb-concurrency test failures on amd64 or implement -threads
on other architectures, or fix sbcl with randomized mmap(), PIE, W^X,
and whatever else is coming in the future.

ok MAINTAINER to remove SUBDIR += sbcl,threads from lang/Makefile