> The attached patch updates x11/slock to version 1.4, which
> includes a fix for CVE-2016-6866 [1].
>
> IMPORTANT:
> To make slock work in this version, I needed to change the
> install permissions of /usr/local/bin/slock from g+s to u+s.
> I don't know much about priv-dropping, UIDs, EUIDs, and all
> that stuff to know if that was actually a good idea, so any
> advice would be helpful.

In this version the upstream dropped support for BSD authentication.
This will bite: a) YP users (including those who use ypldap); b) users
of non-passwd auth styles.

I'd rather backport the fix from upstream:
http://git.suckless.org/slock/commit/?id=d8bec0f6fdc8a246d78cb488a0068954b46fcb29

But I'm not an slock user, so those are just my thoughts. :)
--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov