On 2017/08/03 19:12, Patrik Lundin wrote:
> * Start using clang as the compiler. Kea 1.2.0 requires C++11 support.
>   With the clang work taking place in base I noticed espie@ had already
>   added a patch for a clang build breaking problem. This has been reported and
>   fixed upstream for later editions:
>
> https://github.com/isc-projects/kea/commit/75691636ab9421297cfc353b0954bbbbaa2e8c82

clang is already used as the compiler on i386/amd64/aarch64. Just using
"COMPILER=clang" means this won't build on some arch which do have c++11
support from ports gcc.

For most things "COMPILER=gcc" is generally now the best option for c++11
ports, this means "build with clang if it's in base, otherwise build with
ports gcc".

> * Use /var/run/kea instead of /tmp for the UNIX domain control sockets
>   introduced in 1.2.0.

Please subst with ${LOCALSTATEDIR} instead of hardcoding /var.

> I did notice that portcheck is currently complaining:
> ===
> # /usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/portcheck
> in default FLAVOR: stdc++ in WANTLIB when gcc4 is in MODULES; run
> port-lib-depends-check and if stdc++ is still there, check actual build
> thoroughly, it's broken
> in FLAVOR "mysql": stdc++ in WANTLIB when gcc4 is in MODULES; run
> port-lib-depends-check and if stdc++ is still there, check actual build
> thoroughly, it's broken
> in FLAVOR "postgresql": stdc++ in WANTLIB when gcc4 is in MODULES; run
> port-lib-depends-check and if stdc++ is still there, check actual build
> thoroughly, it's broken
> net/kea
> ===
>
> I believe this is a result of ${LIBCXX} being part of WANTLIB. This is
> not something that has been added by me, so I am unsure what the correct
> solution is. Here is the output of the requested port-lib-depends-check:
> ===
> # make port-lib-depends-check
>
> kea-1.2.0(net/kea):
> Extra:  stdc++.57
> ===
>
> Any input on this?

It's no longer LIBCXX but COMPILER_LIBCXX, which made me spot that your cvs
diff is against Makefile r1.7 (post-6.1 but pre-current) .. so your ports tree
(which includes portcheck) needs an update.