The recent graphics/png 1.6.31 update added a line

Requires: zlib

to libpng.pc.  This makes sense as libpng requires libz.  Consequently,
the pkg-config output changes:

pkg-config --cflags libpng
old: -I/usr/local/include/libpng16
new: -I/usr/local/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include

pkg-config --libs libpng
old: -L/usr/local/lib -lpng
new: -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -lpng -lz

Should be fine, right?
Well, it causes some interesting fallout.

* games/chromium-bsu breaks because its configure script picks up
  libc.so.*.a as a library and tries to link with it.
* games/pingus adds an additional -isystem/usr/include to the compiler
  line and now <cstddef> can't include <stddef.h>.
* There's also strange x11/qt5/qtbase breakage, which may be related
  to this.

I'm uncertain how to proceed.  Should I simply revert the change
to libpng.pc?  The explicit addition of -lz is only required for
static linking, but that is already covered by Libs.private in
libpng.pc.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de