On Aug 24, 2017: 15:37, Brian Callahan wrote:
Hi Scott --

On 8/24/2017 12:43 AM, Heppler, J. Scott wrote:
There have been a large number of upstream commits to this port listed
at https://gitlab.com/o9000/tint2/blob/master/ChangeLog

After further consideration, I removed 11 *.tint2rc examples and just
retained the default.  In 0.12.2, sed was used to edit the path to
/usr/share/applications/*.desktop files to
/usr/local/share/applications/*.desktop.  The desktop files included
google-chrome, iceweasel, firefox, chromium-browser and tint2conf.
Outside of tint2conf, none of the other desktop files are certain to be
present.  Missing *desktop files generate not found-errors in
.xsession-errors although tint2conf will still function.

I added a pkg README that describes the issue with the example.tint2rc
files and gave the user the url to download the additional examples.

FreeBSD is at 0.14.5 and NetBSD is 0.14.6.  Neither addressed the issues
with desktop files in the example *.tint2rc's.

Although the Makefile WANTLIBs were unchanged portcheck now generates the
following:

Tigger# /usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/portcheck  the following libraries
in WANTLIB look like masked by RUN_DEPENDS: Imlib2 atk-1.0 cairo
gdk-x11-2.0 gdk_pixbuf-2.0 gio-2.0 glib-2.0 gobject-2.0 gthread-2.0
gtk-x11-2.0 intl pango-1.0 pangocairo-1.0 pangoft2-1.0 rsvg-2
startup-notification-1 x11/tint2.

Although I'd like portcheck to run cleanly, I'm not sure what to make of
"look like".

It means you need to add x11/gtk+2 back to LIB_DEPENDS. It sees that
it's a dependency of RUN_DEPENDS, but WANTLIB requires its inclusion in
LIB_DEPENDS.

I had moved x11/gtk+2 to the last entry in LIB_DEPENDS but it is there
in the *.diff.  I reverted the order and still get the same portcheck
error.  /usr/ports/infrastructure/bin/check-lib-depends does not
generate any errors.

Is there something being pulled in? gtk+3 by update-icon-cache.  I saw
ninja flash by in the build.  New PLIST entries to update-mime-database?

Thanks for mentoring

~Scott H.

~Brian

Do I need to re-arrange WANTLIB/RUN_DEPENDS?  Constructive comments
appreciated.

--
J. Scott Heppler

Penguin Innovations

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
solely for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this message in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other unauthorized use of this email
and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the message and any attachments from your system.