When I try to convert certain video files using ffmpeg from ports on
6.1-stable or -current it randomly hangs about one in three or four
tries. I've uploaded a sample movie at:
https://ivaldi.nl/wp-content/uploads/sample.mp4

The following command reproduces the problem:
ffmpeg -i sample.mp4 -acodec aac -strict experimental -vf
scale=1280:720,setdar=2:1 -y output.mp4

This is the output when it hangs: https://pastebin.com/mb0X3hU3
The process uses 100% cpu and doesn't seem to do anything else, the
output file doesn't grow either.

One of my colleagues uses a Mac with ffmpeg 3.3.3 installed using
Homebrew and he doesn't have this problem. I modified the OpenBSD port
to build 3.3.3 and removed all local patches (had to disable some stuff
that is not useful for me anyway). After compiling this hacked port I
can convert the video with this new version without any problems.

I'm not sure whether removing the local patches has fixed this or
something in the newer ffmpeg release, but would it be possible to
update the OpenBSD port? I could probably  create a patch for it, but I
can't get some of the local patches to apply. Were they integrated by
upstream?

Thanks!
Frank