Hi,

On Sep 21 20:53:28, k...@outback.escape.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 03:06:51PM +0200, Jan Stary wrote:
> > On Sep 20 23:15:23, k...@outback.escape.de wrote:
> > > ~dd -stdc=c++11 to CXXFLAGS to kill a lot of warnings and (more
> > > important) give it at least a chance to survive configure with
> > > poppler->= 0.58 (the build with poppler-0.59 still fails, but that's
> > > another story I'm still working on).
> > >
> > > While here, expand "gcc" to "base-clang ports-gcc" in COMPILER.
> > >
> > > Cmments and/or ok?
> >
> > With this patch, print/texlive/base fails for me
> > on current/amd64 while configuring in web2c.
> > The offending line is
> >
> > ../.././../texk/web2c/luatexdir/image/pdftoepdf.w:74:34: error: invalid
> > suffix
> >       on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and identifier
> >             [-Wreserved-user-defined-literal]
> >
> > snprintf(ck,PDF_CHECKSUM_SIZE,"%"PRIu64"_%"PRIu64,(uint64_t)size,(uint64...
>
> Sigh. Thanks for testing, and sorry that I didn't catch this (I've
> already poppler-0.59 on my build machine).

Is the poppler version relevant to this?
I forgot to mention explixitly that I was building against 0.57;
but this is an actual C++11 error in web2c, which has nothing to do
with the poppler version - is that correct?

> At the moment, I'm trying to fix the breakage that I'm seeing (caused
> by popplers changed Object API). There seem to be some patches
> around in the intertubes, it looks even like the arch-linux people
> already have fixes for poppler-0.59, so I'll also look wether they've
> fixed C++11 breakage like the one you have seen. Or fix it myself.

I suppose the new texlive/base (with your patch)
should first build against poppler 0.57 which we have now,
and building against 0.59 (with the new Object API)
would be the next step, right?

You mentioned you want a test on a non-clang arch.
I am trying on armv7 (BBB) and macppc (MacMini),
but it takes forever to just install the deps.
I will get back with the result from these.

        Jan