On 11/02/17 22:59, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 09:30:34PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> On 2017/11/02 21:41, Tom Van Looy wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Martijn did a very good job with this. This makes OpenBSD's PHP setup
>>> incredibly better. I
>>> tested yesterdays patch and it works fine (I had trouble with the other
>>> ones). I built
>>> everything and tested 7.1, 7.0, 5.6 with cli and fpm + extensions (opcache,
>>> curl, intl, etc.).
>>>
>>> So, looks good. I hope it gets committed soon. Thanks Marijn!
>>>
>>> Tom Van Looy
>>>

>> It's a matter of opinion. I will cope but I really don't like the
>> FreeBSD-style
>> micro splitting.
>
> +1

As I stated in my original email I'm not against moving some components
back into the main compared to my version, but keeping e.g. WDDX and
readline compiled in doesn't seem logical at all.
I went for splitting everything out because that's my preferred way and
it's the clearest and cleanest base to start from. If people want
components kept in the main package they can just speak up, but so far
nobody did.

martijn@