On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 08:38:37PM +0100, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 08:15:48PM +0100, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 07:23:01PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:

> > > I'm not going  to go debug that from scratch.
> > >
> > > It's likely dpb produced at least some output, like some logs.
> > > So there might be an indication of why it doesn't work.
> > >

> > Sorry, the summary log, which I don't fully uderstand, seems to say
> > nothing is being built because of circular dependencies between ccache
> > and xz(?):
> >
> > x11/dbus not built textproc/xmlto -> misc/gnugetopt -> devel/gettext-tools
> > -> archivers/xz -> devel/ccache -> devel/autoconf/2.69 -> devel/help2man ->
> > archivers/xz
>
> There's a dependency cycle in the build dependencies for ccache whek
> USE_CCACHE is set to "Yes":
>
> $ make print-build-depends
> This port requires package(s) "tsort: cycle in data
> tsort: devel/autoconf/2.69
> tsort: devel/ccache
> tsort: cycle in data
> tsort: devel/ccache
> tsort: devel/metaauto
> autoconf-2.69p2 ccache-3.3.4p0 metaauto-1.0p1 xz-5.2.3p0" to build.
>

> My guess is that all of those port ought to have NO_CCACHE=Yes.

Talking that over with sthen@

Turns out it's a side-effect of the required fixes for clang,
where we had to fix lots of configure scripts.

The fix in configure.in should be regenerated as configure script.

autoconf and help2man are happy with no ccache, since they're not
compiled, but the FSF moved to xz-only archives 3 years ago, and you
get tripped by help2man requiring xz to extract.

Fix coming in soon.