Hi guys,

landry@ added burp[1] into ports and while searching for
something easier that bacula/bareos for disk-based backups,
I found burp and read 'Migrating from Bacula to Burp'[2].

What are you experiences with burp?

Are you staying with ports version (2.0.54) because it was said
to be (old) stable which should not change?[3]

I pretty like how easy it is and that I can get data directly from
users backup dir in /var/spool/burp/$client after decompressing it.

(I made a port for 2.1.128 and my quick testing while reading docs
is OK. What about having "statically" built burp so one could
restore while being in ramdisk env?)

I'm in process to decide for a backup solution, so I'm a big ear ;)

Jiri

[1] http://burp.grke.org/index.html
[2] http://www.kudos.be/Articles/Migrating_from_Bacula_to_Burp.html
[3]https://github.com/grke/burp/issues/626