here is a port of boar, it's a python software for storing binary data
in a repository (custom boar format), allowing to revert to old
revisions, check data integrity and works with a workflow of commit /
update.

It works only with python2 for now. A test suite exists but is full of
linuxisms, after a few hours I've not been able to get it to run well,
I'm not even sure that the test suite works correctly, I'll try to fix
this upstream.

Upstream made a release in 2012 but added commits in the past year, I'm
hosting a tarball of the latest mercurial version available. I'll ask
upstream to make a new tarball.