> On Sun, April 29, 2018 00:25, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> It needs more of a change than that, the syntax is different.
>>

> Hi!
> It uses /usr/bin/mail so it is safe to drop embedded smtp (see
> /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol) and I doubt someone tweaked it to use
> other mailers instead of its default.So no tweaks for MESSAGE
> are needed, IMO.
> Thanks for noticing it!
> OK kirby@

So there are likely literally 0 users of /usr/local/sbin/smtp on
OpenBSD. IIUC, this executable is actually needed on Windows, which
doesn't have an easy to use SMTP mailer bundled.[1] Stuart, the
maintainer (Kirill) proposes just killing the executable in port, do
you still think there should be more work done?

--
  WBR,
  Vadim Zhukov

[1] Well, there was Outlook Express at some point, and something
similar nowadays, but that wasn't easy to use, and this is offtopic
anyway.