On 2018/05/02 00:50, Brian Callahan wrote:
> Hi ports --
>
> On 01/05/18 19:19, Brian Callahan wrote:
> > Hi ports --
> >
> > Attached is a new port, devel/libaio. libaio is a port of the DragonFly
> > BSD userland POSIX asynchronous I/O routines to OpenBSD.
> >
> > When updating lang/flang earlier today, I realized that there are a
> > dozen patches that work around the fact that OpenBSD doesn't have an
> > aio implementation. Having to maintain a number of patches for flang
> > already, reducing that number is a great help.
> >
> > It turns out that DragonFly BSD has a minimal but standard-compliant
> > userland implementation of aio. So I did a quick and dirty port of it.
> > flang is very happy with it.
> >
> > According to POSIX, these routines belong in librt. I'm not opening
> > that can of worms. I named the library libaio. That way, you have to
> > specifically seek it out to use it. The good news is that a quick
> > perusal of the ports tree didn't turn up any port other than flang that
> > has patches that work around not having aio. At this rate, it'll be
> > maybe 2038 by the time another port needs the library anyway.
> >
> > ---
> > pkg/DESCR:
> > libaio is a port of the POSIX asynchronous I/O library from DragonFly
> > BSD to OpenBSD.
> >
> > This version of AIO is aimed at standards compliance; it is not aimed at
> > either reasonability or performance. It merely wraps synchronous I/O
> > routines.
> > ---
> >
> > Builds and passes some rudimentary tests on both amd64 and armv7. Makes
> > flang happy on amd64.
> >
> > OK?
> >
> > ~Brian
> >

> I'd still like to get this in. New tarball attached. This will very much
> help keep flang updated.

If I understand correctly this is for posix AIO support - aio_read,
aio_write, aio_fsync etc, rather than emulating the functions in Linux's
libaio (wrapper for syscall-based implementation - io_setup, io_submit,
etc). If that's right, I think it would be better to pick a different
name.

Please either create a release in github and upload a tarball as an
asset (giving a stable tarball), or if you're going to stick with the
on-the-fly autogenerated one, use GH_* instead of manually setting
MASTER_SITES/WRKDIST/etc (and be prepared to cope if github updates
their software stack in a way which changes the file).