On 2018/06/02 17:38, Edward Lopez-Acosta wrote:
> Would anyone be able to clarify what MODPY_RUN_DEPENDS does? Per the
> documentation (man port-modules) it says it should append to RUN_DEPENDS.
> When I have tested this though I have found it to not be the case.
>
> I submitted a couple ports to this list previously which use
> MODPY_RUN_DEPENDS for dependency modules. But the built package does not
> actually get said dependencies added to it.
>
> Can anyone clarify this within the documentation and possibly update the man
> page for clarity? Or am I totally missing what this option is for? I did
> also try adding MODPY_RUNDEP=Yes but that did not seem to help.
>
> Thank you in advance.

MODPY_RUN_DEPENDS is populated with the string that you would need to
add to RUN_DEPENDS to depend on python itself, plus an additional one
for py-setuptools if needed.

It's automatically appended to RUN_DEPENDS unless MODPY_RUNDEP=No.
(MODPY_RUNDEP=Yes is the default).

It isn't something you set yourself, it's something you might use
if you have a multi-package port (i.e. one where you set MULTI_PACKAGES
to split a single port build into multiple packages) when you need to
add the python dependency to some subpackages but not others.