On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 02:17:14AM +0300, Leonid Bobrov wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:04:24PM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 05:21:48PM +0300, Leonid Bobrov wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > This is engine's bugfix release, minetest_game didn't change.
> > >
> > > I hope this time I won't have to send more diffs:
> >
> > Thanks, i've commited your diff. If you want to take maintainership or
> > do more work on this port there's some room for improvement:
> > - subpackage the server in a distinct package
>
> In that case to avoid conflicts I need to package minetest_game too,
> also is it a good idea to make minetest_game optional dependency for
> both client and server like FreeBSD ports already did it?
> (actually they made client/server/both dependencies of minetest_game,
> I can't do that because unlike them I'll separate game and server)
>
> Also I need to check if client and server as separate packages have
> conflicts in PLIST.
>
> > - fix the system libgmp detection in cmake/findGMP.cmake
> > - the port doesnt respect the default cflags, which are -O2 -pipe. At
> >   least they stopped doing the crazy -O3 -funroll-loops dance..
> >
> > Landry

Ok, I've divided this package into two subpackages and created
minetest_game package to avoid conflicts. But these two subpackages
have conflicting PLIST, they share the same files (yes, I know
update-plist can't handle multy packages, I handled that manually).

I think it is better to leave everything in one port, there is no
opportunity to divide it into two or three ports, it makes maintainance
harder in cost to build one package twice faster, it appears Minetest
doesn't support multipackaging installation.

If you think multy packaging is necessary, I can do the same thing
Arch Linux community does: remove everything from server's plist that
conflicts with client's plist, in that case server will have client
as optional dependency, is that fine? Minetest server will have only
two files installed:
@bin bin/minetestserver
@man man/man6/minetestserver.6

I can't send diff right now, I didn't finish testing it.