On 2018/09/11 07:50, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> While porting a curses software and struggling on having cmake using ncursesw
> and not ncurses, I've been looking at the only other port having this
> combination to find a solution, but it ended up that editors/nvi doesn't use
> ncursesw correctly.
>
> I have no clue about how to make cmake find ncursesw
>
> solene@t480 /usr/ports/editors/nvi $ make port-lib-depends-check
>
> nvi-2.1.3p1(editors/nvi):
> Missing: curses.14 (/usr/local/bin/nview) (system lib)
> Extra:  ncursesw.14
> WANTLIB += curses
> *** Error 1 in target 'port-lib-depends-check' (ignored)

curses/ncurses/ncursesw/termcap/termlib are all the same file (hardlinked).

Up to bsd.lib.mk r1.91 the filename from the linker command line was
used for the library dependency. From bsd.lib.mk r1.92 libraries in base
started using soname, so a single name is used whichever name was used
on the command line.

In short, just update it in WANTLIB when you bump into them (but it's
not really important enough to do a sweep of the whole ports tree).