On 2018 Sep 26 (Wed) at 13:10:36 -0400 (-0400), Daniel Jakots wrote:
:On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 09:55:25 -0400, Brian Callahan <bcal...@devio.us>
:wrote:
:
:> Hi Stuart --
:>
:> On 09/26/18 05:19, Stuart Henderson wrote:
:> > On 2018/09/25 21:15, Pamela Mosiejczuk wrote:
:> >> There are no tests included, but the regression test structure is
:> >> not empty. Per off-list discussion with bcallah@ and danj@, I've
:> >> nonetheless set NO_TEST=Yes, as running 'make test' with python2
:> >> downloads a flake8 package through pip.
:> > flake8 should be set as a test dependency. If it's already
:> > installed then this should stop it from being downloaded at test
:> > time.
:>
:> This was my advice. However, flake8 being installed doesn't entirely
:> stop it from being downloaded.
:> If you run
:> env FLAVOR=python3 make test
:> then flake8 will not be downloaded (provided you already have it
:> installed). However,
:> make test
:> will still download a python2 pip of flake8, even if flake8 is
:> installed.
:
:Indeed.
:
:> So my guess is there needs to be some patch for that, though I
:> haven't had the time to look at it.
:
:Sure we could patch the setup.py to remove the tdep on flake8. But
:there's no test shipped in the tgz anyway, so patching it would
:make no sense imho (other than giving Pamela a reason to practice
:patching ;)).
:
:The tgz provided by Pamela is ok danj@
:
:Cheers,
:Daniel
:

OK

--
I can't understand why a person will take a year or two to write a
novel when he can easily buy one for a few dollars.