On Sat Oct 20, 2018 at 01:00:12PM +0200, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18 2018, Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > armadillo is a C++ wrapper around lapack/blas linear algebra libraries,
> > a required dependency of mlpack.
> >
> > Armadillo is a linear algebra library (matrix maths) for the C++ language,
> > aiming towards a good balance between speed and ease of use.
> >
> > Provides high-level syntax and functionality deliberately similar to Matlab
> >

> > Attached is a tarball for math/mlpack and math/armadillo (extract under
> > ports)
> >
> > I haven't checked that it builds under anything but amd64, though it should
> > with a proper C++ compiler (hence the compiler annotations).
>
> Regarding armadillo,
>
> - could you please follow the usual layout of Makefile.template, and use
>   tabs for alignement?  I find this Makefile hard to review, especially
>   with the location of DISTNAME...
>
> - CONFIGURE_STYLE is not needed
>
> - cmake says
>
>   -- Checking for module 'hdf5'
>   --
>   -- HDF5_FOUND =
>
>   so might pick up math/hdf5 if present (you already noticed, it seems)
>   It also looks for something called "superlu" but we have no port for
>   it (yet).
>
> - does not build with base-gcc but I see no compiler annotations.
>   This needs COMPILER = base-clang ports-gcc.

I fixed all your notes in the attached tarball. I'm ok with the
attached armadillo version. jca@ could confirm, please!?

I also review and fix a lot of stuff in mlpack. Our cmake is effected by
https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/15612. So we can only
build mlpack with "USE_NINJA = No".

The attached mlpack version looks good for me any objections? Maybe
about USE_NINJA=No?

>From my point of view, both are ready to import, but would like to wait
for some feedback.

Rafael Sadowski