After I upgraded from OpenBSD amd64 6.3 to 6.4 my KDE Kate program is no longer able to open remote files (that is, to use kio-slaves).

When I try to open a remote (sftp:) file it says:

kf5.kio.core: couldn't create slave: "klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'sftp'.\n"

I was able to open an "http:" file supplying it via command line, but then it says:

        Non-native QFileDialog supports only local files

All other KDE programs (Dolphin, Okular, Gwenview, etc.) are still able to correctly open "sftp:" urls, so the kio-slaves are correctly installed and working.

I'd like to know if there is something bad in my system (maybe some missing package, or a conflict with older versions?) or it is a (very very important) limitation of the new Kate version.

Thanks.