On 2018/11/01 09:39, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 01:45:20AM +0000, Raf Czlonka wrote:
> >     $ augtool
> >     augtool:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.0: undefined symbol 'tgetent'
> >     ld.so: augtool: lazy binding failed!
> >     Killed
> >
> > Recent ld change?

Yes. libreadline requires libtermcap but doesn't have an inter-library
dependency. lld is unable to report the missing symbol at link time (as
the old binutils linker did) so the autoconf test reports that the
function exists / library is working, as a result augtool is built
using this code. But it doesn't *really* work because there's a runtime
failure as you see.

There could be more instances of this in ports.

> Fixed in current.
> Thanks.

Would it make sense to add -ltermcap instead? (I don't use augtool so no
idea how useful readline support would be).