On Mon, Nov 26 2018, Björn Ketelaars <bjorn.ketela...@hydroxide.nl> wrote:
> Diff below brings mbedtls to 2.14.0, which brings some new features, and
> fixes some security issues and bugs. Details can be found at
> https://tls.mbed.org/tech-updates/releases/mbedtls-2.14.0-2.7.7-and-2.1.16-released
>
> Major number of the three shared libs have been bumped as symbols have
> been removed (and a couple of new ones have been added).

check_sym says mbedcrypto and mbedx509 need only a minor bump and
mbedtls needs a major one.  No objection since all consumers link
against mbedtls anyway so need to be rebuilt.

Sadly it sucks for -stable where this update should probably be
backported (and there is no clear list of commits to pick up).

openvpn looks happy with this, ok jca@

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE