On 2018-12-03, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> # Defend against clang being used on x86-32 without SSE2 enabled.  As current
> # versions of clang do not understand -fexcess-precision=standard, the use of
> # x87 floating point operations leads to problems like isinf possibly
> returning
> # false for a value that is infinite when converted from the 80bit register to
> # the 8byte memory representation.
>
> I'm unsure which approach I like least, gcc or -msse2...

A third possibility would be to ignore this corner case and disable
the check.  I think from a practical point of view this would be
fine.  The number of people who do scientific computing in Postgres
on i386 should be very limited.  However, I imagine this would burn
whatever goodwill we have with upstream.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de