On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 07:03:07PM +0100, Pascal Stumpf wrote:
> Updated tarball, with plist bits and updated adastrap for mips64 from
> visa@.
>
> On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 14:01:46 +0100, Pascal Stumpf wrote:
> > Here's a port for GCC 8.2.0.  Fully tested on aarch64, amd64, i386, arm,
> > sparc64, hppa.  Unfortunately, both my powerpc and mips64 crashed during
> > the build, so new adastraps will have to wait until I'm back home.
> >
> > Notable changes:
> >
> > * gcj has been *removed*
> > * Ada has switched its exception handling to ZCX (instead of sjlj).
> >   This does not yet work on sparc64, so I've disabled the -ada subpackage
> >   for now.
> > * aarch64 and armv7 now use devel/gas from ports at build and run time
> > * C++17 and experimental C++2a support

Just to report testing on amd64 of gnat (ADA).

I was able to build gprbuild and several test programs. It is a really
great thing, as currently ADA is broken on gcc-4.9 due to trampoline
usage (it requires wxallowed on some binaries, and gnat binaries doesn't
have the wxneeded flag and doesn't put it on newly created binaries).

To be clear, the test showed few problems with ada runtime, but it is
definitely better than the current situation.

Thanks for this work.
--
Sebastien Marie