On 1/20/19 11:51 PM, Klemens Nanni wrote:
On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 05:28:42PM +0100, Caspar Schutijser wrote:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 12:15:53PM +0200, Caspar Schutijser wrote:
The diff below includes git-subtree(1) in the OpenBSD git port.  It can
be used to "Merge subtrees together and split repository into subtrees"
(from the manpage).  A number of operating systems such as FreeBSD,
Debian, and Arch Linux ship with git-subtree(1) in their
git packages [1] [2] [3].
Seems reasonable.

One disadvantage is that it adds more dependencies to the build (they
are necessary to prepare git-subtree.1), not sure whether that is
considered to be a problem.
These are just build dependencies and no big ones, it's fine.

As you'll observe when you read the patch, I slightly tweaked
MAKE_FLAGS.  I prepended TRUEPREFIX to gitexecdir because otherwise
git-subtree installs into
/usr/ports/pobj/git-2.19.0/fake-amd64libexec/git which is not right.
As far as I know, other parts of this port are not adversely affected
by this change.

I'd like to know whether you like the proposal to start shipping with
git-subtree(1).
OK kn if anyone (benoit?) wants to commit, otherwise I'll take care of
it if I don't hear objections after some time.

ok benoit@ to commit