On 2019/02/10 00:05, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, Februar 06, 2019 23:21 CET, "Sebastian Reitenbach"
> <sebas...@l00-bugdead-prods.de> schrieb:
>
> > This is the searchsploit tool, and a local version of the exploit database,
> > sometimes it's handy to have that offline available.
> >
> > The Exploit Database is an archive of public exploits and corresponding
> > vulnerable software, developed for use by penetration testers and
> > vulnerability researchers. Its aim is to serve as the most comprehensive
> > collection of exploits, shellcode and papers gathered through direct
> > submissions, mailing lists, and other public sources, and present them
> > in a freely-available and easy-to-navigate database. The Exploit
> > Database is a repository for exploits and Proof-of-Concepts rather than
> > advisories, making it a valuable resource for those who need actionable
> > data right away.
> >
> > any comments, concerns, objections, or even OK?
>
> The exploitdb itself is in, now only with regard to exploitdb-papers.
> Jasper@ suggested to put it under books CATEGORY, as well
> as add missing NO_TEST.
> However, he was a bit concerned about the distfile size,
> well for me it would still be nice to have that contents
> for easy install as package offline available, even if not
> all contents is super high quality, therefore here's an
> updated version again.
>

> anyone else yay or nay?
>
> cheers,
> Sebastian

Sorry, nay for me.

2.1GB * 8 arches will be just under 17GB in snapshots when it goes through
all the arches, plus the same again for each OpenBSD release containing it.
This is quite a lot of bandwidth/disk space on the mirrors, and build time
on the slower machines of the ports build network, and at that size I don't
think it's really useful enough to have in packages (especially when you
can just git clone it).

Of course I noticed this by running out of disk space on a machine
where I was attempting to mirror packages.