On Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 12:19:57PM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> please find attached libmesode-0.9.2 as tarball. libmesode is a fork of
> net/libstrophe for use in profanity. Reasons for forking:
>
> - Remove Windows support
> - Support only one XML Parser implementation (expat)
> - Support only one SSL implementation (OpenSSL)
>
> More: https://github.com/boothj5/libmesode
Tests pass for both, looks OK; some nits:

- Please break MAKE_FLAGS into one variable per line for both ports.
- Also perhaps move CONFIGURE_* together as per Makefile.template.
- You can set SEPARATE_BUILD=yes for both ports.
- libmesode's do-gen target should use ./bootstrap.sh.
- port-lib-depends-check says
        profanity-0.6.0(net/profanity):
        Extra:  m.10 python3.6m.0 util.13/
- Several profanity dependencies require minimal versions as per
  configure.ac, you could specify them (all our versions in tree are
  more up to date but I still appreciate careful dependency tracking,
  as requirements might change with upates)
- ${WRKSRC}/profc.example is worth installing
- with the new python module, I'd pin the version to 3.x right away,
  works fine

> I would like remove libstrophe and import libmesode as replacement.
> There are no other consumers and libstrophe was only imported for
> profanity. Below you can find the profanity update diff which replace
> libstrophe with libmesode.
OK.